Knowledge for Your Practice Now
October 16-17, 2013
Take two days and get updated on the latest in new laws, new cases and new developments affecting your business law practice. During those same two days, choose from 18 different breakout sessions and get invaluable information on topics of greatest interest to you, AND, receive materials from ALL breakout sessions whether you attend them or not.
The Institute is the “can’t miss” business law event of the year. It offers you an intense learning experience plus opportunities to network with your colleagues and an expert faculty, and materials that you will benefit from for months and years to come.
Plenary Sessions Include:
- Colorado Business Legislative and Case Law Update
- Exploring Current Corporate Transactional Issues Through Recent Delaware Case Law
- What Business Lawyers Do That Litigators Love
- Legal Ethics for Corporate and Transactional Attorneys
Plus, Choose from the Following Topics:
- Trademark and Copyright for the Business Law Practitioner
- Advising Your Business Client on Employment Law
- Advising on Commercial Leases
- Hidden Franchises: How the Franchise Laws Affect Your Business Practice
- Advising Businesses Going International
- Employee Benefits Post-DOMA
- The Marijuana Biz: Where No Business Has Gone Before
- Tax Issues for Transactional Attorneys: Choice of Entity, Tax Compliance Issues for New Businesses, and Other Tips and Traps
- Substantial Economic Effect Versus Targeted Capital Account Allocations
- Capital Formation – Recent Developments – Federal Securities Law
- M&A Tax Issues, Including Recently Finalized Regulations on 336(e) Deemed Asset Sales
- Basic International Tax Issues
- The Perils of Boilerplate: Effective Drafting of Key
- Modifying LLC and Partnership Agreements
- Creditor Rights in Representing Small Businesses
- Business Breakups
- Use of LLCs in the Purchase of Real Property
- Contractual Dispute Resolution Provisions: “The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread” or “A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing?”
Your course tuition includes: Course materials provided in one of three formats (digital download, PDF on Flash Drive, or Printed Book), admission to the entire Institute, and admission to the luncheon on Thursday.
in Denver, Colorado, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel
1750 Welton, Denver, CO 80203
Submitted for 12 General CLE Credits, Including 2 Ethics Credits.